8/18/01

Europe 2001: Monaco

Amber confided that she would have liked to stay another month in Nice.  I can understand, as Nice is such a wonderful city, except I miss my family.  I especially miss my bed at home.

We had an interesting day.  First, we checked out and stored our bags and caught the first train to Monaco.  I have to say I was not entirely impressed.  First of all, the air was unbearably humid and hot.  Next, the buildings that made up most of the city were really ugly.  We hiked up a 200-foot cliff to visit a castle, but it was overrun with tourist shops.  The view was really nice, however.  There was an overlook with a view of the small harbor.  We left early to go back to Nice for our last (real) dinner before we got home.


We're now on our night train to Paris, the first step in our journey home.  Our sleeper car is much much nicer than the one on our last train.  I actually have a clean pillow and blanket.


No comments:

Post a Comment