7/14/07

Canada: Heading Home

We packed all of our stuff and loaded the rental car one last time before checking out of the hotel. We tried to wander around some of the art gallery and market neighborhoods near the old railroad station but the heat was causing my mood to darken. We visited several bike shops to see if we could find a Canada bike jersey for Hans since he regretted not purchasing one in Lake Louise but were unsuccessful. We ended up back at the mall with three hours to kill before we had to go to the airport.

What better way to spend some free time than to visit the indoor amusement park? Hans was extremely excited to see their most extreme roller coaster was open and I rode with him. I had never been on a roller coaster before, so picking the most twisted, high-G-force, prayer-inducing, ride as an introduction was probably unwise. I went with him a second time but declined to go a third and fourth time. Still, I was happy to watch Hans go two more times. We went on many other rides until we felt sick and I amused Hans with my squeals of fear and excitement.

After returning our rental car we had a fairly easy time getting through customs, even though once we reached our gate they announced our flight was going to be an hour and a half late. It was just going to make our layover in Seattle shorter, so Hans and I sat down to play cards.