12/27/08

Holiday Road Trip:
Arches National Park

After dropping a very excited Kia at the doggy day care we drove a short ways to Arches National Park. It started out cold but as the sun rose the temperature slowly warmed and I could feel my fingers and toes again. We visited many of the beautiful arches, my favorite being the Double Arches (which Hans aptly described as a cathedral with no ceiling). I excitedly climbed into the base of a window and then quickly became worried about the descent. With a little coaching from the others I shakily made it back down.







We went on a couple of hikes, one on some iffy-looking slopes to Landscape Arch, and the other an invigorating climb to Delicate Arch. At the end of the day we were tired but happy to have been outside taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

After dinner we played a few rounds of Munchkin while a very worn-out Kia snoozed on one of the beds.






Double Arches


Landscape Arch



Delicate Arch