9/30/09

Home Again

I wouldn't say we're jet lagged, but since we've been home we're going to bed by 10:30 pm and waking up before 7 am the next morning without the alarm. The early bedtime is especially odd for Hans, who typically can't sleep before 2 am. I'm not complaining though.

The return was pretty rough. We stayed up all night in the hostel lobby before going to the airport at around 3 am, had to wait for security to open at 5 am, and flew to London at 6 am.

I didn't sleep during the transatlantic flight back to the states, so by the time we landed in Memphis at 7 pm I was pretty tired. Hans managed to drive about 130 miles as I nodded off uncontrollably before he had to stop at a rest area. I crawled into the back seat with the seats folded down and curled up with my travel pillow. Before I knew it Hans was telling me we'd been there 3 hours (it was now midnight). I took over the steering wheel and drove the last hour to Cape, punching my own leg to stay awake.

We picked up Bunsen at the vet the next morning and I think she was as relieved to be home as we were. Monday passed quietly.

I am still working on sifting through all the pictures and will hopefully have an album ready by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment