12/15/12

Holidays at the White House (Part 2)

I usually re-size my pictures pretty small for posting, but this time, for your viewing pleasure, I only brought them down to 33% instead of the usual 20-25%.

I towed the SLR camera along today, and since I had fresh batteries I spent a good long hour snapping over 200 pictures as I made my way through the building.  Enough narrative:

Let's get straight to the pictures!

 I like the one with the wreath because you can see the National Monument in the middle.  More of the Visitor's Foyer.

 Detail of the beautiful globe-like ornaments, meant to create a child's wonderland.
 
 Center Hall

 Library

Vermeil Room

 China Room

Let's go upstairs!



The East Hall and its sumptuous decoration 

 
 The Green Room's trees had ornaments that were miniature terrariums with real plants!



The only piece of Blue Room furniture that was not removed for the great big tree.
It's back was rounded to fit the oval shape of the room. 

The ceiling isn't really crazy-slanted like that, it's just an effect of the camera lens

This ornate table in the Red Room is inlaid with marble




 
State Dining Room and gingerbread/white chocolate White House

 Cross Hall details

 First Lady tribute tree details

 
Kids singing carols in the Entrance Hall

 Ho ho ho!  That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment