7/25/09

Anchorage: Seeing old Friends

Last night I went for dinner with my friend C, who I've known since kindergarten. It has been really nice to be able to catch up with people without feeling rushed. Normally when I go home I feel like I'm pulled in too many directions at once. We also visited with some of her friends at their home and generally enjoyed the evening by talking at watching a little t.v. I went home early, still feeling tired from the weather and the pressures of school that had followed me home.

Today I had brunch with one of my other good friends, K, and we picked up her boyfriend before heading over to the museum to check out the new entrance and galleries. The museum has come a long way and but we felt that $20 was too much given that the special exhibit was pretty small and only about a quarter of the old museum had re-opened. Still, we had a good time.

Hans had finally returned from work-related activities by the time I got home and we went downtown to one of the pubs for a few pints and some food. Despite the chill in the air I was perfectly happy to walk in the rain.