2/4/10

The Travel Bug

This summer we may be relocating cross-country (for reasons I'm not ready to disclose until it's official).  Since we'll be trying to save money afterward, our fall vacation is likely to be somewhere within a two or three state radius.  Not that I'm disappointed.  There's still a lot of America that neither of us has explored yet.

Though my mind does wander off the continent at times.  Hans surprised me when I asked him where he'd like to go for our next overseas vacation.  The Alps.  I see an alpine backpacking trip in our future.

I have a lot of spare time at work to scribble in my notebook.  A few weeks ago I made an off-the-top-of-my-head list of places I'd like to visit.  It's fairly daunting to think about.  Provided that Hans and I go on two trips per year (Spring/Fall or Summer/Winter), it will take us the next 11 years to check them all off.  That's not counting the destinations I have yet to cover from a recently-discovered list I made in 2002 (though why on earth I had wanted to go to North Dakota is beyond me).

2002 List 2010 List
Scandinavia
Hawaii
Petra, Jordan
New York City
Nevada
Arizona
North Dakota
New Orleans

Prague
The Italian Riviera
Corsica
India
Thailand
Cambodia
Greece
Istanbul
Iceland
Scotland
Washington D.C.
Rome (again)
London (again)
Western Scotland/Hebrides Bike Tour
New England
Savannah
Utah (Bryce Canyon, Zion)
Yellowstone/Wyoming
Japan
Egypt
Australia / New Zealand
Wales
Paris (again)
Germany/Austria
Spain
Nova Scotia / Newfoundland
Galapagos Islands
Argentina
Peru
Nepal
Morocco
Russia
Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment