6/29/14

Time Flies

The rest of this week definitely slipped by.  Between spending time with family and friends and doing a little nostalgic sight seeing the last three and a half days just breezed by.  This week was our anniversary and my dad's birthday.  Since he also retired this year we wanted to treat him and my mom to a nice meal, so up-up-up we went along the gondola at Alyeska to Seven Glaciers for a truly wonderful meal.




 
Later in the week the four of us went to Flattop for a family hike.  My folks hung back while Hans and I went to the summit.  I felt it was important for some of my brother's ashes to be scattered at the very top.  The clouds closed off sights and smells.  Even though there were other people on the mountain, it felt very private, which is what I was hoping for.  If you go to the southern side of the peak where the rock formations are strangely carved and beautiful alpine flowers cling to the soil, think of Lance.


 

 

Leaving again for Maryland was bittersweet but we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment